Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mission Statement

 If I were to write a mission statement for my life I think it would say something like this, "I will love the unloved, touch the untouchable and walk hand in hand with those who seek to fight ignorance."  That is who I want to be because I believe that is who God has called us to be.  Somewhere in the line of life God's children divided.  While I believe all of us are truly seeking to love Jesus and love God we have chosen different paths to communicate with him.  Some of us have settled for lives of fear and condemnation.  We condemn others who do not have our same moral beliefs.  We hate those who are different than us in fear that they will somehow harm us or humiliate us.  The second group is in some cases worse than the second group.  They live lives of indifference, lack passion and live a rather luke-warm life convinced that their convictions are theirs alone.  Then there are his children who are bursting at the seems for justice.  A group of brothers and sisters aching with passion to touch the untouchable and to love the unloved.  I sat in a room with these people tonight.  I like to believe that I goto a University that has a majority of students who yearn to see change in a world that seems unchangeable.  A group of people that believe it is time to lay down the God of hate and pick up the God of love.  I am not talking about liberalism or any of those political terms.  I am talking about love and intelligence.  I am talking about walking out of the regurgitated sermons that we have been raised on.  I am daring people to expand their minds and believe that there is something out there that is bigger than what we already have been told.

No comments: